Ripleys competition Terms and Conditions
GAME OF SKILL PRIZE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
2. Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (Hinkler Pty Ltd or Ripley’s Believe it or Not) are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
3. To enter, the Entrant needs to comment on the post their own Believe it or Not story, Entrants and their tagged friend must both be following @hinkler_global and @ripleysbelieveitornot. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
4. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, or defamatory language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (Hinkler Pty Ltd).
6. The Winner of the competition must be 18 years old and over and residents of Australia.
7. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
8. The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. Prize cannot be exchanged for another itinerary. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Both parties must travel together.
9. Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to travel. Should the winner not be able to complete all aspects of the itinerary within the period of prize validity, the remaining items shall be forfeited without any replacement for their value.
10. On acceptance of the competition prize, the winner acknowledges that they have read and agreed to Hinkler’s prize conditions.
11. Prize includes 2 x nights accommodation in Surfers Paradise, 2 x tickets to Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum in Surfers Paradise and 2 x copies of the 2019 edition of Ripley’s Believe it or Not book. Any Additional spending money, flights, meals, insurance, taxes, passports, visas, extra accommodation, items of a personal nature, inoculations, travel to and from departure point, additions to stipulated itineraries and offered flights and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
12.The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
13. The prize is subject to availability as determined by Hinkler. The prize is valid from January 2020 - January 2021.
14. Promotion commences 12th December to 23rd December. Winner will be contacted via Instagram on 23rd December 7pm AEDT.
15. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
16. The Promoter is Hinkler, 45-55 Fairchild street, Heatherton, ABN: 22202061875
17. The information you are asked to provide to the Promoter is personal information and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. The Gallery will not disclose this information to other parties other than in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
18. All entries become the property of the promoter and Ripley’s Believe it or Not. The promoter and the Ripley’s Believe it or Not may use the entrant's names and literary pieces for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
19. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by Hinkler Ripley’s Believe it or not then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
21. Entries will be judged by Hinkler and Ripley’s Believe it or Not on 12th December to 23rd December and the winner’s name will be published on an @hinkler_global Instagram post and within the Hinkler website within 30 days of the draw.
22. The winner will be notified in writing by email within thirty (30) working days of the conclusion of the competition.
23. If Hinkler is unable to contact the winner within 30 days of the draw and the Hinkler has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the entrant then the Hinkler will award the prize to another valid entrant.