World Chocolate Day
It's World Chocolate Day which can only mean one thing – today is the perfect day to eat as much chocolate as you want! If you've indulged a little too much, why not try our sugar-free Chocolate Soufflé recipe from The Healthy Kitchen series.
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
6 eggs, separated
2–3 pinches stevia, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
10 tbsp water
4 tbsp plain (all-purpose) flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan | 350°F | gas 4). Butter 4–6 soufflé dishes or individual ovenproof pudding basins.
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
3. Whisk the egg yolks with the stevia mixture and water, then add the flour and cocoa and whisk until thick and creamy.
4. Gradually fold the egg whites into the mixture until combined.
5. Divide the mixture between the soufflé dishes and bake for 20–25 minutes, until risen and puffy. Serve immediately.